Your Privacy is Our Priority
Information we collect
We may collect information about the Services you use and how you use them, such as data regarding your usage of the App and activity in the App. We collect PII, DII, and log information about your interactions as described below.
Personally identifiable information (PII) is information that can be used to identify or contact you online or offline, such as your name, address, email, phone number, photos or audio data, and information, or data that is linked to such identifiers. The Services may collect PII when it is provided to us, such as when you use our Services, sign up for updates and mailing lists, complete and submit responses to our surveys, attempt to contact us, submit a resume or job application, or connect with us on social media or one of our partners.
We may also create or collect device-identifiable information (DII), such as cookies, unique device and advertising identifiers, statistical identifiers, usernames, and similar identifiers that are linkable to a browser or device. From these platforms, we may also receive other information, such as your IP address, user agent, timestamps, precise and imprecise geolocation, sensor data, apps, fonts, battery life information, and screen size.
Our Services also collect information about your interactions, including navigation paths, search queries, crashes, timestamps, clicks and shares, and referral URLs. We may combine this data with PII and DII. For efficiency’s sake, information about your interactions may be transmitted to our servers while you are not using the Services. We may also partner with third-parties that collect additional information – please see their privacy policies for more details and see below for your choices regarding these parties.
Categories of PII We Collect: We may have collected the following information from consumers within the past 12 months.
|1.||Identifiers||Name, physical address, in the case of Contests email address, IP address, online identifier, images the user uploads, email address, device identifiers, username, or other similar data, phone number|
|2.||Information that identifies or relates to an individual||Birthdate, physical address, in the case of Contests|
|3.||Internet or electronic network activity information||Information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement, in-app activity|
|4.||Geolocation data||Information that can be used to identify an electronic device’s physical location|
|5.||Educational Information||School Grade|
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services, to develop new Services and offerings, and to protect us and our users.
PII is primarily used for business purposes, such as responding to inquiries and providing the Services. When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication as well as the other information to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Services, such as letting you know about changes or improvements. We may use Google Analytics or another data analytics company to track and report on website or Services traffic, which may result in geolocation data tracking. We also use your PII for the following business purposes:
- To meet the reason for which the PII was provided.
- To provide you with information or services you request from us.
- To provide facilitate any contests or sweepstakes (collectively “Contests”) to the extent that you are eligible to enter.
- To provide you with updates and alerts regarding any Contests.
- To send you prizes from Contests that you may have won.
- F.To provide you with marketing materials regarding career or educational pathway opportunities. Please note, all such materials will be provided by skillsgapp and we will never sell your PII or share it with any third parties for their marketing purposes.
- To obtain your consent with respect to the collection and processing of your under 13 child’s PII and/or their participation in Contests.
- To improve our Services and performance of the contents therein.
- To resolve disputes.
- Preventing potentially fraudulent, prohibited, or illegal activities.
- Enforcing the Terms of Service.
- Performing other duties as required by law.
We may share some or all of the above listed categories of PII and DII with companies, outside organizations, and individuals for limited reasons and the following business purposes, outlined below:
- We will share PII and other data with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons – We will share PII with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In case of a sale or asset transfer – If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including PII collected from you through your use of our Services, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Services.
- We may share aggregated information and DII with our partners such as businesses we have a relationship with advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information to show trends about the general use of our services.
- With third-party analytics for the purpose of providing analytics to improve our Services.
- With your educational institution, school boards, governing bodies, and universities for research and investment evaluation.
We disclose your PII for business purposes to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates
- Services providers including analytics providers
We use DII to operate our Services and manage user sessions, including analyzing usage of our Services, preventing malicious behavioral and fraud, improving the content, to link your identity across devices and browsers in order to provide you with a more seamless experience online, and helping third-parties provide relevant advertising and related metrics. We share DII with third-parties primarily for advertising and analytics purposes, for external processing, and for security purposes
Like many other companies, we do not honor DNT flags but instead offer other choices with respect to third-parties. Many third-parties participate in self-regulation to offer you a choice regarding receiving targeted ads. Please note that you’ll still see generic ads after opting out, but they won’t be based on your activities online. On the web, you can opt out of participating companies by visiting the following sites:
If you wish to similarly opt out of cross-app advertising on mobile devices, you can enable the Limit Ad Tracking flag on the device. Enabling Limit Ad Tracking sends a flag to third-parties that you wish to opt out of targeted advertising on that device, and major mobile platforms require companies to honor this flag. Screenshots on how to find these options on various devices are available here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices. To opt out of geolocation data tracking, Google Analytics offers an add-on to prevent tracking across all sites, and can be downloaded here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881. To learn how to opt out on other devices, please visit the platform’s privacy policies for more information.
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold and undertake reasonable security measures with appropriate confidentiality, integrity, and availability protections. However, since no software or storage system is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee for the security of your information associated with the Services, or any other service for that matter. You can help protect your account information by using unique and hard-to-guess passwords. We retain data for the maximum amount of time allowable under applicable law.
Children Under 13
Certain Services are directed at children for entertainment and education purposes only. Our collection of personal information on Services that are directed to children under 13 (“Children’s Platform”) is intended to follow the principles of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), a U.S. law designed to protect the online privacy of children under the age of 13. We will obtain parental consent before asking for personal information on our Children’s Platform, unless the request for information falls within an exception that would be permitted under COPPA. Because we do not transfer any of your child’s personal information to any third parties for any use aside from maintaining the internal operation of the Game or otherwise allow for your child’s personal information to be shared publicly, we use the “Email Plus” method of consent.
We do not make personal information collected from children publicly available nor do we enable children to do so on our Services. We will not condition a child’s participation in any activity or service on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity. Parents may contact us (at firstname.lastname@example.org) to review, update or delete any of their children’s personal information that we may have collected and to elected for us not to collect any additional personal information from their children.
If you have questions or requests regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com or you can reach us at 864-469-9340. You may also write to: skillsgapp llc, Attn: Legal, PO Box 25777, Greenville, SC 29616, or send packages to 2094 S. Coast Hwy Ste 1, Laguna Beach, CA 92651.